We're back again! It's officially time for the Autumn Ninja Book Swap. I've lost count of the number of these swaps we've done now but they are always awesome, joy filled things!
If you're new around these parts, or even if you're not let's take a second and recap the basics:
- Sign up using the forms below. Please make sure you check which swap you're signing up for and sign up for the right one! This time we're running the Original Swap and the Trick or Treat Swap - you can sign up for two of one, two of the other or one of each just make sure you fill in the appropriate form the appropriate number of times.
- You can sign up until midnight on Saturday October 2nd. I must be able to recognise you on the sign up form - this doesn't mean we have to be best friends, just that if you put your blog or twitter handle I will know that we've interacted before.
- Sometime around October 3rd or 4th you'll receive an email with details of the person you're making a parcel for. Go shopping!
- Make them a parcel which should fit the criteria below depending on which swap you're doing as outlined below:
- Original Swap - parcels must contain at least one book from your persons wishlist (you can put in more than one but one is the minimum), plus a gift or two based on their lists of likes and dislikes and a card/letter saying hi and giving a way to contact you to say thanks! Check out the photos on #ninjabookswap to see past parcels (do note that the last swap was a mini swap so please scroll back a bit to see the last full swap in February).
- Trick or Treat Swap - parcels must contain a 'trick' book (a book in the genre your person wants to read more of - please make an effort to check out their blog and/or goodreads to make sure they haven't obviously already read the book you choose), they must also contain a 'treat' which can either be a book from your person's wishlist, gift/s based on their likes or both, plus a card or letter saying hi & giving a way to contact you and say thanks. If you're confused about the Trick or Treat swap please read this post. If you're still confused email me.
- Post it by Monday October 17th and email ninjabookswap(at)gmail(dot)com with proof of postage or tracking info.
- Once you receive your parcel say thankyou. Really, I can't stress this enough, I spend so much time chasing up whether or not parcels have turned up so please take a second to tweet or email your sender and thank them for taking the time to make you a parcel. Alternatively if they've forgotten to include contact details you can email me and I'll pass along your thanks!
- After you've said thanks please email me again to let me know you've got a parcel.
- Tweet about the swap using #ninjabookswap
- Job done.
Previously this swap has been Halloween themed. While this isn't the case this year, please mention in your sign up if you're particularly against Halloween as people may add Halloween treats to your parcel if not.
The swap is open worldwide and you don't have to be a blogger, just have an online presence (twitter, instagram, youtube, wherever). Check out the FAQs or tweet me for more info!